StarWind V2V Converter
Convert VMDK to VHD and VHD to VMDK for free
StarWind SAN V8 is scale-out, fault-tolerant and hardware agnostic storage, which overcomes challenges presented by cloud and virtual data centers. It unified StarWind’s eight years of experience in delivering software-only solutions with the storage industry’s best practices offered by giants like Microsoft, VMware, Red Hat and Xen, and introduced them in a simple, efficient and affordable form.
The unique feature of the free StarWind V2V Converter is that it allows IT administrators to easily migrate any virtual machines from direct attached storage to shared storage on the network in one quick and simple step. Therefore, anyone can move VMDK or VHD images safely to shared storage. This allows virtual server clustering and ensures high application and VM availability. This also means that system administrators will be able to use advanced VMware features such as VMotion, VMware HA, DRS and VCB now that they moved VMDKs to shared storage.
Key Features of StarWind Converter:
- Converts from VMDK to VHD and vice versa
- Sector by sector copy
- Does not modify source image
- Easy to install and use
StarWind Converter is very simple to use:
- 1. Select your source File (VMDK, VHD, IMG).
- 2. Choose a location to save the converted data file
- 3. Click 'convert' and let the converter run
- 4. Import the resulting file into VMware, Hyper V, or mount the resulting image