StarWind Support Center
Standard support or… let us babysit your IT infrastructure
When it comes to support, StarWind acts much like a system integrator. The service begins as soon as an appliance is purchased, when StarWind engineers perform planning, infrastructure design, installation, configuration and testing. This is what differentiates StarWind appliances from others – instead of “materials” for infrastructure building, the customer gets plug-and-play “building blocks” that easily fit together. All that’s left for the on-site IT team is to deploy the network and power the appliance.
StarWind offers two support programs
- Support. This program is the essence of “technical support”. StarWind engineers will take care of the software in the unlikely even when something happens to it and normal operation is disrupted. They are available via remote sessions, phone, email, etc. As opposed to typical basic support programs, Standard Support from StarWind is not a minimum adequate service, but rather the maximum of what is considered industry-standard. The only better support plan available includes what no other vendor provides, so this one is considered “standard” and not “premium”.
- ProSupport++. StarWind takes the role of Managed Service Provider and grabs full responsibility over the customer’s StarWind-based IT infrastructure, while the on-site IT team does only 10% of work, saving time and money. Offering direct support for its software, StarWind will take care of the hardware by contacting the vendors for their support services. Also, they will periodically stay in touch with the customer to deal with any issues before they become threats.
StarWind calls this support program “infrastructure babysitting”, because it leaves almost no work for the customer’s IT team. All they have to do is receive calls from StarWind engineers and optionally accept remote connections in support cases.
Please visit the StarWind System Requirements page to get a list of minimum system requirements and supported Operating Systems. The configuration assistance can be scheduled to occur during US and EMEA business hours.
Request Service Level Agreement
Support Programs Comparison Matrix
The following chart lists all the services included into StarWind HyperConverged Appliance support plans.
|Support Offerings (Appliances)||Support plan||ProSupport ++ plan|
|Remote Support Sessions|
|Disaster Recovery Assistance|
|Final Configuration and Basic guidelines||Advanced Guidelines|
|5nine Manager Basic Guidelines||Advanced Guidelines|
|Network Performance Benchmarking|
|Disk Performance Benchmarking|
|StarWind Virtual SAN Basic Guidelines||Advanced Guidelines|
|Veeam Backup & Replication Basic
|We babysit your Environment||-|
The following chart lists all the services included into StarWind Virtual SAN support plans.
- Severity 1 any issue that is caused by StarWind software and prevents a production system from functioning while no immediate workaround is available.
- Severity 2 any issue that is caused by StarWind software and prevents a production system from functioning and a workaround exists.
- Severity 3 any non-critical issue that is caused by StarWind software; a production system is able to function. Any other issues such as general questions are classified as Severity 3.
Important notice: In order to escalate a support case to level 3 support engineers or R&D department, the end-user is required to reproduce the problem using the latest version of the software installed and configured according to the StarWind Software guidelines.