StarWind Software Support Center
Support ProgramsStarWind Software stands behind its products, and we are dedicated to providing our prospects and customers with industry-standard support services. Our support services are divided into three programs:
- Pre-sale support – Services provided to help customers with the initial iSCSI SAN & NAS software deployment and optimal stable configuration during the iSCSI SAN & NAS software evaluation period. All pre-sale support services must be filtered through your respective sales representative prior to scheduling time with a StarWind Support Engineer.
- Post-Sale Support All purchased copies of StarWind iSCSI SAN & NAS include one year of Standard Technical support. 24/7 Premium Technical support can be purchased for an additional fee. Depending on the support plan purchased, the end-user is guaranteed a specific response time depending on the severity level.
Read StarWind Support Policy
In addition, all new StarWind customers are eligible to receive initial StarWind configuration assistance service provided via phone or an attended remote support session*. Please visit the StarWind System Requirements page to get a list of minimum system requirements and supported Operating Systems .The configuration assistance can be scheduled to occur during US and EMEA business hours.
Support Programs Comparison Matrix:
|Support Offerings||Premium support plan||Standard support plan|
|Remote Support Session**||-|
|Disaster Recovery Assistance***|
|Installation Assistance|| || |
|OS Configuration Assistance for Proper StarWind Operation|
|Network Performance Сonsulting|
|Disk Performance Сonsulting|
|SAN & NAS Solution Configuration|
* StarWind does not offer assistance configuring 3rd Party Client-Side Hosts. ** Standard Support will provide remote session assistance for Severity 1 production issues *** StarWind-related only
|Technical Support Plan||Premium||Standard|
|High Severity||1 hour||4 business hours*|
|Medium Severity||4 hours||8 business hours*|
|Low Severity||4 business hours*||12 business hours*|
|Install Assistance||1-2 Business days*||3-5 Business Days*|
* StarWind Software Inc. business hours: EMEA Office 8 AM – 5 PM GMT Monday – Friday USA Office 9 AM – 6 PM EST Monday – Friday
- High Severity issues are defined as any issue caused by StarWind Software that is preventing a production system from functioning and no immediate workaround is available.
- Medium Severity issues are defined as any issue caused by StarWind Software that is preventing a production system from functioning and a workaround exists.
- Low Severity issues are defined as any issue caused by StarWind Software where a production system is still able to function. Any other issues are classified as Severity 3.
All support services are available on a per-year basis. The subscription can be purchased for 1, 2, or 3 year periods. Maintenance is required for all perpetual license purchases.
Important notice: In order to escalate a support case to level 3 support engineers or R&D department, the end-user is required to reproduce the problem using the latest version of the software installed and configured according to the StarWind Software guidelines.
StarWind Software Customer Service PortalTo proceed with finding the solutions and help with StarWind products, please select one of the options below:
Self service:- White papers
- Technical documentation
- Support Forum
- Knowledge base (coming soon)
- Videos and webcasts
- StarWind FAQ
Contact support:- Log a support case
- Send an e-mail to support
Other useful resources:- Corporate news
- Future events