New StarWind 5.4 iSCSI SAN Software ReleasedNew build of the world-famous iSCSI SAN solution from StarWind Software, Inc has been finally released, build 5.5 beta-testing to start soon.
Burlington, Mass. – July 09, 2010 - StarWind Software, a global leader in storage virtualization and a pioneer in iSCSI storage, today announced the release of StarWind 5.4, an iSCSI SAN software platform which turns any industry-standard x86 or x64 Windows server into a fail-safe, fault-tolerant storage device that will be continuously available even in the event of failure. With this new release, StarWind redefines high availability storage by offering this enterprise-class technology, which was previously only available in high-end storage products, to small and midsize companies at an affordable price. This combination of true active-active high availability, affordable price and new improved functionality is unprecedented.
New improved functionality includes:
- High Availability: Caching added. Write-Through with Write-Back modes support;
- High Availability: Autosync functionality added. When HA node becomes active, it is synchronized and binged online automatically if autosync option has been set;
- IBVolume: Maximum device size limit of 2TB has been removed;
- Installation: Allow rule for StarWind service to be added to the Windows firewall on product install;
- Performance has been improved.
Moreover, previous versions of StarWind can be updated by installing a new build over existing installation, which means that any new update can be completed quickly and with restart.
“We are very pleased to constantly improve our StarWind solution by adding new functionality, increasing performance, and simplifying the end user experience” said Artem Berman, CEO of StarWind Software Inc. “With this new release, we are making our product even better, presenting enterprise-class high availability storage features at SMB price.”
StarWind iSCSI SAN Key Features:
- Synchronous Mirroring with Automatic Failover: mirrors data in real time across a storage cluster, ensuring that storage is continuously available in the event of failure.
- Failback with Fast Synchronization: re-synchronizes data back to the original storage node and restores it to a previous live state before failure.
- Remote Replication across a WAN: replicates data to a remote location. allowing multi-site disaster recovery in the event of a disaster at the primary site.
- CDP & Snapshots: captures instant, point-in-time volume images, allowing a user to rollback and recover an entire volume or individual files and folders.
- Server clustering: supports Windows Server 2008, Hyper-V, VMware ESX and vSphere 4.0 and other applications.
- Redesigned User Interface: allows IT professionals to easily manage all storage from a central management console built on the same tree structure used in Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere.
About StarWind Software Inc.
StarWind Software is a global leader in Storage Virtualization and iSCSI storage for small and midsize companies. StarWind's flagship product is a storage virtualization software platform that turns any industry-standard Windows Server into a fault-tolerant, fail-safe iSCSI SAN. It is designed for use as networked storage for VMware, Hyper-V, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint and other server applications configured in server clusters. StarWind Software is focused on providing small and midsize companies with affordable high availability technology which was previously only available in high-end storage products. The advanced, enterprise-class features include Synchronous Mirroring with Automated Failover and Failback, Remote Replication across a WAN, CDP and Snapshots, Thin Provisioning and Virtual Tape Array (VTA). Since 2003, StarWind has pioneered the iSCSI industry and has been the solution of choice for over 30,000 global users in over 100 countries, from small and midsize companies, to governments, and Fortune 1000 companies. For additional information regarding StarWind Software, please visit http://www.StarWindSoftware.com.
StarWind Software and the StarWind logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of StarWind Software Inc. or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
StarWind Software Inc.
+1 (617) 449-7717