Available Now – Latest Beta 2 Release of StarWind SAN V8An updated version of the mature software-defined storage: scale-out architecture with synchronous mirroring, asynchronous replication and flash caching is available now.
Wakefield, MA – October 30, 2013 - StarWind Software Inc., a provider of dominant software-defined storage solutions for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 and Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 R2, today announced the Beta 2 release of its flagship product – StarWind SAN.
The up-coming StarWind SAN V8 is a mature, simple and affordable shared storage solution that has significant advantages over major solutions, such as VMware VSA. Unlimited scalability, triple synchronous replication, flash caching, using flash devices as the primary storage, asynchronous WAN-replication and VSA functionality – are all new StarWind V8 features that exceed current storage limits in terms of capacity, performance, hardware and business continuity.
The second StarWind Beta version provides most salable and essential storage features:
- Scale-out architecture creates fault-tolerant clusters with an unlimited number of hosts. StarWind also enables double or triple synchronous mirroring in a cluster, which guarantees 99.99% or 99.9999% uptime respectively.
- Asynchronous WAN-replication copies data to the remote secure host and enables the primary storage to be restored from the replica when needed. The replication channel bandwidth does not affect the performance of the replicated storage.
- The VAAI support for single-node devices and devices with synchronous replication offloads some tasks to the storage array, thereby reducing the CPU load and memory usage.
- Flash caching is used as L2 cache to decrease random reads.
- SSD/flash cards can be leveraged as the primary storage with StarWind’s dedicated Log-Structured File System (LSFS).
- Fixed and upgraded LSFS replaces random writes with a big sequential write, which improves VM performance drastically.
The Beta 2 release also contains a large number of fixes for small bugs and updates. For more information about new features and enhancements, please view the StarWind SAN V8 Beta 2 release notes here.
"Today we are pleased to release StarWind SAN V8 Beta 2 – the scale-out software-defined storage with multiple distinctive capabilities for Windows-based environments," said Anton Kolomyeytsev, CTO and Chief Architect of StarWind Software, Inc. "Beta 2 is ready for a test drive now. We invite everyone to try it and tell us what you think on our public forum."
Sign up for our public beta now! Try new features of the true software-defined storage.
About StarWind Software Inc.
StarWind Software provides storage virtualization solutions to customers in over 100 countries. The StarWind Hardware-less VM Storage solution delivers the benefits of high-cost hardware-based Storage Area Network (SAN) solutions, but at a much lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). StarWind's flagship iSCSI SAN software solution allows any industry-standard server to deliver fault-tolerant and highly available storage. StarWind fully supports virtual environments, including VMware, Hyper-V, XenServer and Linux.
Since 2003, StarWind has pioneered the iSCSI SAN software industry and is the solution of choice for over 30,000 customers worldwide in more than 100 countries and from small and midsize companies to governments and Fortune 1000 companies.
For more information on StarWind Software Inc., visit: www.starwindsoftware.com
StarWind Software Inc.
+1 (617) 449-7717
Social Media Links