SCOM 2016 on Windows Server 2016 Server Core
After the first 2 articles on how to install SQL Server 2016 on Windows Server 2016 Server Core and SCVMM 2016 on Server Core too, we’ll continue with the next product, SCOM 2016.
We’ll start with prerequisites for the management servers and the web server. The console will be installed on another server, like the reporting server.
Download the following files:
- SQLSysClrTypes: https://download.microsoft.com/download/1/3/0/13089488-91FC-4E22-AD68-5BE58BD5C014/ENU/x64/SQLSysClrTypes.msi
- ReportViewer: http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/B/7/FB728406-A1EE-4AB5-9C56-74EB8BDDF2FF/ReportViewer.msi
Execute the following commands :
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:AuthManager
msiexec /i SQLSysClrTypes.msi /q
msiexec /i ReportViewer.msi /q
When it’s done, you can start the installation of SCOM, with the following command, by adapting with your values:
Start-Process -FilePath C:\Temp\SCOM2016\setup.exe -ArgumentList '/install /components:OMServer,OMWebConsole /ManagementGroupName:FLOAPP /SqlServerInstance:FLOAPP-SQL01\SC /DatabaseName:OperationsManager /DWSqlServerInstance:FLOAPP-SQL01\SC /DWDatabaseName:OperationsManagerDW /ActionAccountUser:FLORENTAPPOINTA\svc-omsvc /ActionAccountPassword:Password1! /DASAccountUser:FLORENTAPPOINTA\svc-omaccess /DASAccountPassword:Password1! /DataReaderUser:FLORENTAPPOINTA\svc-omreader /DataReaderPassword:Password1! /DataWriterUser:FLORENTAPPOINTA\svc-omwriter /DataWriterPassword:Password1! /WebSiteName:"Default Web Site" /WebConsoleAuthorizationMode:Mixed /EnableErrorReporting:Always /SendCEIPReports:1 /UseMicrosoftUpdate:1 /AcceptEndUserLicenseAgreement:1 /silent'
To see the progression of the installation, open logs OpsMgrSetupWizard.log and Setup0.log who are located in C:\Users\fappointaire\AppData\Local\SCOM\LOGS\ :
You can see that the installation is done. Restart the server and, as indicated, an evaluation version has been installed. I’ll install my license, with the following command:
Set-SCOMLicense -ProductId XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
Install the last Update Rollup available, for me, it’s 1: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3190029
I installed the SCOM console on another server, and I applied the UR1 patch? You can now connect to your SCOM server, who is installed on a Server Core 🙂
- How to Deploy and Manage Storage Spaces Direct Cluster using SCVMM 2016?
- Ubuntu: Manage your SQL Server from Linux
Latest posts by Florent Appointaire (see all)
- [Azure] Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment with Docker (ACS and ACR), Visual Studio Code, Visual Studio Team Services and GitHub - March 20, 2017
- [Azure] Container Service, how to start correctly? - February 2, 2017
- [Azure AD] Passthrough Authentification and Single Sign On - January 5, 2017
- [Docker] Image2Docker: Bye bye IIS on Windows Server, Hello IIS on Windows Containers - December 15, 2016
- SCOM 2016 on Windows Server 2016 Server Core - October 27, 2016