Xen Project Features
Unlike other hypervisor vendors, Xen Project is open-source, which lends to its unusual set of features and ongoing growth thanks to the zeal of its community members. Some Xen features, obviously, will be similar to other hypervisors while others will stand out as specific to the project.
Xen Project Features:
- Multiple Operating System Support. You can choose any which one or several OS (Windows, Linux, NetBSD, or FreeBSD) at the same time and run them in the manner that is most favorable to you.
- Multiple Cloud Support. Xen Project allows you to bounce back-and-forth between your preferred public cloud providers as cloud technology progresses, further enhancing your IT environment versatility.
- Virtual Machine Migration. Xen Hypervisor enables live migration providing a better grasp on the workload intensity on your host servers and redistributing resources for most optimized work.
- Multiple Vendor Support. Xen is certified and supported by various software and service vendors, which makes the configuration and support of your IT infrastructure safer and more accessible.
- Open Source. Not only does Xen Project free up limitations on participating in the code, but there is also less anxiety about it being dropped as it will go on as long as there is a community that favors it.
- Modularity. Xen provides for control domain functionality to be run in Linux subdomains or other smaller domains with minimal kernel and driver, reducing threat surface and distributing bottlenecks.
- Xen Hypervisor is a consumer-centric offer where the product has been created for the user, the user invests in its developments, and the user can tweak it to match its specific demands. Such circumstances make Xen a perfect fit for deployments of any size but particularly for edge hosts in a larger network that has unconventional requirements.
Xen Project Benefits:
- Expanded Scalability. Not only is scalability impacted by the off-limits multi-vendor and multi-platform support, but Xen Hypervisor can be scaled to as many as 4,095 host CPUs with 16Tb of RAM.
- Enhanced Security. Xen Project is highly regarded for its security because of its architecture, leading security disclosure policies, and progressive security features (Live Patching, KCONFIG, VM Inspection).
- Ultimate Flexibility. Xen is considered to have the most flexible hypervisor on the market as you can not only fit Xen into any hardware/software configuration but you can also build your products based on Xen.
- Xen Project has a large ecosystem of software partners as well as it can use any type of virtualization on old and new hardware alike. Its modular architecture, security focus, and unrestricted flexibility make it perfect to tailor workload balance and inter-operation within large environments with edge instances. Additionally, Xen Project is suited for building products and services based on cloud, servers, embedded/automotive, and desktop offers with emphasis on security.