Scale Computing HC3
Virtualization Platform Features
Scale Computing HC3 virtualization platforms are jam-packed with an abundance of features, just like any other hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) appliance solution. The long list of HCI appliance features, like HC3, stems from the fact that such solutions combine servers, storage, hypervisor, and a set of other hardware, firmware, and software pieces. The HC3 hardware platform has a long feature list to boast.
Scale Computing HC3 Features:
- HyperCore is a Scale-Computing-native operating system (OS) that houses a KVM-based hypervisor and SCRIBE, a patented Scale Computing block access, direct-attached storage system.
- HEAT stands for HyperCore Enhances Automated Tiering, which serves to prioritize data blocks in a Scale Server between HDDs and SSDs as a result of an I/O heat map tracking workload for every virtual disk.
- Web Interface for HC3 virtualization platforms enables users to operate their hardware and software resources, as well as monitor per-VM and cluster-wide statistics, from a single place.
- HC3 Scale-Out provides users with the ability to integrate new nodes into their HC3 virtualization platforms without downtime as the Scale Server will automatically pull its resources in within minutes after addition.
- HC3 Self-Healing promises that intelligent automation will secure against node or drive failures within an HC3 based infrastructure and distribute data among available components and pool in replaceable ones.
- HC3 High Availability is to assure that, once a node fails, all of the virtual machines (VMs) running on that node will automatically migrate to other cluster nodes within minutes after a crash occurred.
- HC3 Live VM Migration accounts for non-disruptive VM migration across the nodes of a Scale Server without any downtime, even during a rolling out process for HC3 HyperCore OS updates.
- Scale Computing markets an array of other features, all of which revolve around scalability, high availability, and disaster resistance. However, different HC3 licenses provide different features and benefits, which may prove too costly for ROBO & Edge locations. StarWind HyperConverged Appliance, on the other hand, is a turnkey HCI solution that comes with one license and all perks immediately unlocked.