Cisco coming up with a hyper-converged infrastructure solution
The hyperconverged infrastructure appliance market (HCIA) is growing fast and hardware competitors are using Dell, HP, SuperMicro and other servers and not Cisco’s UCS hardware. EMC only covers a portion of the market so Cisco should address the rest in order to both preserve its current UCS market share and grow it further.
There are expectations that an HCIA system is going to be announced at the Partner Summit event, using the Springpath software stack, UCS blade servers and management. The product is designed for interoperability between hyper-converged and UCS.
The partners expect pricing to be “really aggressive,” as Cisco tries to build HCIA market share against stiff competition from Nutanix, SimpliVity, and EMC/VMware, as well as HPE.
Further product details are expected at Cisco’s global partner conference in San Diego happening soon.
This is the review of an article.
Source : theregister.co.uk
- StarWind HyperConverged Appliance: Turnkey Hyperconverged Setup for Virtualization Infrastructure
- Your Complete Hyper-Converged Infrastructure in a Single Package
Latest posts by Oksana Zybinskaya (see all)
- Ransomware: 14 Key Methods of Protection - January 9, 2017
- The Virtualization Review Editor’s Choice Awards 2016 - December 26, 2016
- FlashStation FS3017 – The First All-Flash NAS by Synology - December 6, 2016
- Microsoft joins the Linux Foundation - November 22, 2016
- The unknown microwave networks - November 17, 2016