StarWind Storage Appliance: Data Sheet
The document provides full information on StarWind Storage Appliance, its benefits, features, and details on specific SA models.
StarWind Storage Appliance delivers high-performance and simply scalable storage covered by 24/7 support to organizations with fixed compute platforms. It serves storage as a single namespace to different environments as it supports multiple uplink protocols such as iSCSI, SMB3, NFS, including RDMA-capable iSER and SMB Direct.
Storage Appliance also features optional gateway to Azure public cloud, allowing to implement an effective Disaster Recovery plan. StarWind SA scales up by adding individual disks and flash modules or JBODs or scales out by adding ready controller nodes.
Its main benefits are:
- high performance with more than 0.5M IOPS from a single LUN or share
- support of multiprotocol such as iSCSI with iSER and VVOLs, NFSv4, SMB3 & SMB Direct
- fault tolerance, as dual controller, dual disk set design elevates storage uptime far beyond HA
- it is shipped fully preconfigured to customer’s needs
- supports multi-hypervisor, multi-workload without additional tuning
- 24/7 support
- doesn’t use highly-priced proprietary components, only pure x86
- equipped with appropriate amounts of CPU cores, RAM, and storage
- allows re-using existing software & hypervisor licenses without the need to re-purchase
StarWind Storage Appliance comes in three models.
SA-1H model is a single-chassis, dual controller, single disk pool hybrid array. Developed for consolidation of small (From 4 TB) to medium (Up to 44 TB) amounts of warm secondary infrequently accessed data. Provides balanced performance and maintains economics of a disk-only solution. Used for secondary media and virtualization storage, medical records, primary backup storage with low RPO/RTO requirements.
SA-2H model is hybrid appliance optimized for high performance, low latency data processing for applications with a defined data set. Used for primary virtualization and media storage, medical records, small database storage.
SA-2AF model is an all-Flash version of the appliance optimized for uncompromised high performance across entire storage capacity for most demanding applications. Used for Databases, Big Data and primary virtualization storage.
SA-2H & SA-2AF models are both redundant-chassis, dual controller, redundant disk pool arrays. Designed to consolidate small (From 4 TB) to large (500+ TB) volumes of hot primary data. Dual storage controllers with independent disk sets can be physically separated up to 650 feet from each other to deliver enclosure, rack, and even site-aware storage Fault Tolerance.