OMS alerting is now generally available
Microsoft Operations Management Suite alerting has moved from preview mode to generally available status.
In addition to numerous bug fixes, some of the new improvements were introduced:
WebHook support: Provides a WebHook URL to send alerts to, which allows integrating with other tools like Slack or a wide variety of incident management tools.
Turn alerts on or off: Individual alerts can now be turned on or off.
Alert throttling: Set an alert to stop firing for a period of time after the alert fires.
Performance improvements: The maximum search time window is now 24 hours vs. one hour previously.
Alert “Bell” icon in the header: Now it is shown in OMS workspace how many alerts have fired since last visit, and there is a link to view all the fired alerts in search.
Alert severity: Three levels of severity for an alert are available now: error, warning, or info.
This is the review of an article.
- Introduction to Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS) – Part I
- Introduction to Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS) – Part II
Latest posts by Oksana Zybinskaya (see all)
- Microsoft joins the Linux Foundation - November 22, 2016
- The unknown microwave networks - November 17, 2016
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) Stack in the Windows Server 2016 - November 3, 2016
- DoS attack on major DNS provider, Dyn, brings down Internet. Twitter, Reddit affected - October 24, 2016
- WD exposes new SanDisk drives: Blue and Green - October 19, 2016