Downloading/upgrading the latest version 3 Node HA

Software-based VM-centric and flash-friendly VM storage + free version

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

Slingshotz

Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:35 am

For the life of me I can not figure out how to download the latest version to update our existing installation. I have followed the FAQ which says to login which I've done and I only get the option to download the free or trial version. We have purchased the full version of the product.

The other part of the question is what is the procedure to upgrade a three node Hyper-V converged cluster? I would assume that I would bring down one node by draining all the roles, then upgrade Starwind, then bring it back up and repeat with the next node. I just don't want to run into problems if one node is a different version than another node.

We are currently on 8.0.7145.
thefinkster

Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:08 pm

Hey Slingshotz;

Under your account information; there are download links to the latest version and release notes. http://www.starwindsoftware.com/customer-page

If not; work with your Sales Person to have them link your purchase with your login account.

As to the shutdown process; you have it right. Make sure the node in question you are updating/shutting down has no roles for the cluster; then update and restart. WAIT FOR ANY SYNCS TO FINISH IN STARWIND. Rinse and repeat with the second and third node.
Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:18 pm

Hi guys!
@thefinkster, thanks for providing precise instructions.

@Slingshotz, do you have any update for us please?
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
Global Engineering and Support Manager
www.starwind.com
av@starwind.com
Slingshotz

Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:41 am

Thanks for the link, it worked fine. I may try to do the upgrade this weekend after hours as I want to backup the VMs just in case something happens to the cluster.

Does this latest build 7509 solve the issues in the previous version of the growing lsfsx duplicate files in a thin provisioned device? I don't see any mention of this in the release notes and it was a confirmed bug in 8.0.7145.
Anatoly (staff)
Staff

Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:31 pm

Nope, the next one will. Here is the download link to it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxw2ax3ycz71q ... 6.exe?dl=0
Best regards,
Anatoly Vilchinsky
Global Engineering and Support Manager
www.starwind.com
av@starwind.com