StarWind VTL Appliance helps organizations to protect their data and eliminate costly tape backup processes while meeting regulatory data archival and retention requirements using on-premises Virtual Tape Libraries with cloud and object storage tiers.
Protect important data from ransomware by air gapping it on virtual tapes. Automatically replicate and tier offsite to AWS, Azure, Backblaze or other cloud for maximum cost-efficiency and security. Scale on premises capacity with a selection of certified industry-standard object storage solutions.
- Storage is presented as LTO for easy integration into existing tape-centric backup environments
- Meet Regulatory requirements easily with secure automated data management policies
- Unmanned DR shipping: automatic tiering and replication to the cloud per user-set policies.
- Shrink backup time and improve RPO using fast disk storage combined with 10/25 GbE connectivity
- Get RTO close to zero with instant restores from disk-backed virtual tapes
- Protect your data from ransomware and disasters by air-gapping it with VTLA and an offsite copy
- Save on space and resources by replacing physical tape infrastructure with just one appliance
- Save money on media storage and shipping by leveraging secure and scalable cloud storage
- Save time on implementation: little to no changes required to the existing infrastructure
Partner Sertified Solutions
Double Fine Productions achieved higher applications performance without compromising infrastructure management simplicity
Price + Simplicity. StarWind VSAN offers great pricing and allows us to get work done without expensive custom hardware. It also makes getting back online quick and easy after an outage or hardware failure
Aaron Hayes, IT Manager
StarWind VTL Appliance comes in 3 models to fulfill various capacity requirements. Appliance range delivers up to 0.64 PB of effective local capacity with the ability to expand it using cloud and object storage as a cold data tier. VTL appliance also supports connecting physical tape drives and libraries through SAS/SCSI/FC in order to offload the virtual tape images to physical tapes if required. All appliances support data deduplication and compression.
|Usable Capacity, TB||16||32||64|
|Usable Capacity, TB*||160||320||640|
5 (default); 6; 50, 60, 10;
VTL over iSCSI (Optional block and file services: SMB3, NFSv4.1, iSCSI)
|Public Cloud Connectivity||
Amazon: S3, Glacier; Azure blob: Premium, hot, cool, archive; Backblaze B2; Wasabi; IronMountain IronCloud;
|Physical Tape Connectivity||
2x 1 GbE + 2x 10 GbE, Optional 25 GbE
*After Deduplication and Compression. Data optimization ratio may vary depending on data nature and deduplication/compression processes happening within the backup software.
StarWind VTL Appliance supports following backup software:
|Acronis Backup||10 – 12.5|
|ArcServe Backup||11.5 – 17|
|ArcServe UDP||5.x – 6.0|
|Commvault||9.0 – 11|
|EMC AVAMAR (via ADMe)||6.1 – 7.5|
|EMC NetWorker||7.6 – 18.1|
|IBM TSM||6.6.2 – 8.1.5|
|HP DataProtector||7.x – 9.0|
|Microsoft DPM*||2012 – 2016|
|Unitrends||9.1 – 10|
|Veeam Backup & Replication||9.0 – 9.5|
|Veritas/Symantec BackupExec||12.x – 20.3|
|Veritas/Symantec NetBackup||6.x – 8.1.2|
Management and Security: StarWind Web Management, PowerShell, StarWind Stack (coming Q1 2019)