The installation package of StarWind Virtual SAN product offers a set of options to automate the installation process.
It can be installed with command-line scripts and by means of Group Policy management in Windows Domain.
The installer supports the following command-line options:
Unattended setup mode.
Unattended setup mode. Installation progress window is not displayed.
Change the default directory for installation.
/LICENSEKEY="path to license file"
Installs product license from the file.
Causes Setup to create a log file. Can be used without a filename, the log file will be created in the user’s TEMP directory.
Installer skips reboot if it's not required. It will finish with exit code 8 if the system restart is needed.
Skips any additional questions from the installer. For example, if a file is in use or any other messages.
/COMPONENTS=”comma separated list of component names”
Overrides default component settings.
Current list of components:
- service – StarWind Virtual SAN server.
- service\haprocdriver - HA Processor Driver, it is used to support devices that have been created with older versions of the software.
- service\starflb – Loopback Accelerator, it is used with Windows Server 2012 and upper versions to accelerate iSCSI operation when a client resides on the same machine as a server.
- service\starportdriver – StarPort driver that is required for operation of Mirror devices.
- gui – Management Console;
- StarWindXDll – StarWindX COM object;
- StarWindXDll\powerShellEx – StarWindX PowerShell module.
List of components for typical installation on the server:
List of components for typical installation on management machine:
Sample command line for installation:
StarWind.exe /silent /components="service,StarWindXDll" /licensekey="d:\server_lic.swk"