StarWind and IDC (International Data Corporation) partnered up to discuss the sharp turn IT infrastructure investment took from Datacenter to Edge.
Investment Trends in
Edge IT Infrastructure
Edge infrastructure investment in 2019 and 2020 grew by 5.9% and 14.5%, respectively.
Core infrastructure declined by 6.3% and 0.6%. Already by 2023, more than 50% of new enterprise IT infrastructure will be deployed at the edge rather than at corporate data centers — up from 10% today.
And if that wasn’t enough of an alarm to you: the number of applications running at the edge will increase by 800% by 2024. Hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) is identified as the best price-quality resolution to the challenges associated with said trends.
StarWind and IDC Video in Brief
- Global IT Infrastructure Investments Map for Present Demands
- Overview of Edge Infrastructure and HCI: Definitions & Market Trends
- The Intersection of Edge Demands and HCI Offers
- Overview of Edge Video Surveillance Demands
- StarWind HCI for Video: Efficient and Rock-Solid Solution for VMS, Analytics, and BMS
the StarWind x IDC Video
to learn about the latest Edge-related news and find out where to shift your focus in the near future when it comes to efficient IT infrastructure investment to be on top of your game.