iTunes "No Supported Disc Burners Found"

Initiator (iSCSI, FCoE, AoE, iSER and NVMe over Fabrics), iSCSI accelerator and RAM disk

Moderators: anton (staff), art (staff), Max (staff), Anatoly (staff)

Gigabitz

Thu May 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Hi All,
I recently installed the Windows 7 Release Candidate, and I'm using StarBurn as my new CD/DVD suite. I decided to try StarPort to copy a video game image to my PC so I won't need the disc, but now iTunes says "No Supported Disc Burners Found". I can still play and rip music in iTunes from my drives, but I can't burn. I've read on a couple forums that other iSCSi software being used for the same purpose has had the same effect for others. Is this possibly caused by StarPort?
-Gigabitz
Gigabitz

Fri May 22, 2009 7:32 pm

Wow, this is a really active forum...
I am figuring this out on my own, but I figured I'd go ahead and post my findings so others might benefit from it one day.

Anyhow, I uninstalled the virtual drive, and iTunes can now burn CD's again.
As I had mentioned before, I saw that other drive virtualization solutions out there can cause the same problem, and when you run the iTunes diagnostics utility, it even said right on it that virtual drives can sometimes interfere with iTunes. Unfortunately, at the moment, I have no drive virtualization software, and I was really looking forward to having it, so I'm gonna play around with some other free utilities. I read that Daemon Tools has seen this problem enough times that they have a fix for it that allows you to still have virtual drives without losing any normal drive functionality in iTunes or other programs. However, I have no desire to pay for virtualization software - it's a nice toy at the moment, but I don't need it often enough or for any moneymaking purpose, so I'm gonna try out a couple other free virtual drive softs.

-Gigabitz
Robert (staff)

Mon May 25, 2009 1:17 pm

Hello,

From the post you have submitted it appears that you have used StarPort to create an ISO image. StarPort is an iSCSI Initiator that allows connecting to existing ISO or MDS files and/or changing the images.

In order to create ISO images from CD/DVD disks, we recommend you using StarBurn (http://rocketdivision.com/download_starburn.html)

We have not tested StarPort with iTunes at this point. If you could provide some more details (inluding the log files from C:\Program Files\StarWind Software\StarPort\logs) to support@starwindsoftware.com - we could deeper analyze it. However, for your particular scenario StarPort is not really needed.

Thank you
Rob
Robert
StarWind Software Inc.
http://www.starwindsoftware.com
Jusuf

Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:11 am

Updated iTunes, still had the same problem.

I did have Daemon Tools on here once, but uninstalled it. I found that I still had the sptd.sys file. I deleted it, then rebooted and did a repair on iTunes. Worked like a charm.
Last edited by Jusuf on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:39 pm

You really need to update SPTD to the most recent version instead of getting rid of all software titles (there are many of them) using SPTD to talk to CD/DVD burners.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

sophiapage

Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:26 am

My iTunes is not responding for the last 2 weeks. It is asking for verification again and again. I have verified all these but it is showing "iTunes verification failed" again and again.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:38 pm

This is question to Apple. We don't have anything to do with this and I don't see how we can help :( Sorry about that!
sophiapage wrote:My iTunes is not responding for the last 2 weeks. It is asking for verification again and again. I have verified all these but it is showing "iTunes verification failed" again and again.
Regards,
Anton Kolomyeytsev

Chief Technology Officer & Chief Architect, StarWind Software

paweladamicz

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:17 am

I'm also having this problem again and still haven't found a solution
yaroslav (staff)
Staff

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:41 am

Welcome to StarWind Forum. Try contacting Apple, please.